Saturday 15 July 2017

Mark Barry - Classic 60s Music On CD


Rating: 5/5

Review:
An excellent resource



I have enjoyed and benefited from Mark Barry's excellent reviews on Amazon for years so I thought I'd be in safe hands when I bought a couple of his guides to music.  I was right; they are a really good resource as well as an enjoyable read.

Mark has worked in rare recordings for decades so he really knows what he's talking about, as well as having a genuine love of this music. It shows; each album gets a thorough analysis which is a pleasure to read and often an inspiration to go and listen.  There is also detailed and really useful information about which reissue to buy and what is included/missing from various editions.  I find it a pleasure to dip into, and it is threatening to do damage to my bank balance as I fail to resist the temptation to buy some great reissues.

The formatting is OK: there are no live links in the text, but you can access each article via the List of Contents in the Menu and I've got on pretty well.

This is a book to cherish for me. It is thorough, deeply knowledgeable and a very interesting read.  Very warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment