Thursday 26 December 2019

Robert Bryndza - Nine Elms


Rating: 1/5

Review:
Not for me

I’m afraid I didn’t get on at all well with Nine Elms. I found it rather clumsily written with an inability to distinguish between atmospheric description and tedious, unnecessary detail and with a plot structure which made it blindingly obvious where we were heading. Combine this with yet another Troubled Detective With A Personal Involvement, the implausibility of civilians being given access to police resources and crime scenes, some over-convenient coincidences and a swathe of clichés of the genre and I got very fed up and gave up around half way. It simply didn’t convince, and I didn’t really care what was going to happen because I didn’t believe any of it.

This came highly recommended, but it really wasn’t for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment